I’m so tired of South Carolina being at the bottom of the pack when it comes to education. When are we going to get serious about fixing this? Are we waiting for the budget to have enough money? It does.
This isn’t just a kid problem, either.
Have you ever interviewed people for a job at your business and thought, “I just can’t get any qualified applicants?”
Investing in Education isn’t just the right thing to do for our kids. It is the smartest economic plan for South Carolina’s future.
I support the following initiatives:
- Increase Salary by 5% for teachers and add Salary Steps to Year 28
- Creation and funding of an action team comprised of educators, parents and community members with the goal of improving education for Black students. We need to better understand our current state and learn best practices to ensure that we are providing a great education for ALL children.
- Limit Class Sizes to no more than 18 students in K-5, 22 students in grades 6-8, and 25 students for grades 9-12.
- Free Pre-K for all 4 year olds
- Reduce Standardized Testing
With these initiatives, the future of South Carolina will be bright.